Saturday, September 24, 2011

Soccer in the park last night By Victoria



 Last night Harry and I were playing soccer at the park. When we were looking for a spot to play, a kid about my age talked to me in Catalan. I had no idea what he said but then it turns out he speaks some English. He asked us if we wanted to play a 2 on 2 game with him and his friend, Anna. It was so much fun because it was the first game of soccer I have ever played where no one argued at all about goals or yellow cards. It was fun to finally play soccer for fun. Their names were Anna and Miguel. We told them that we were going to be here until November. When we played we told them how we liked Messi and that FCBarcelona was our favorite futbol team. It was a really fun time and I hope we get to see them again.

7 comments:

  1. How interesting (I might even say a bit sad) that you had to travel all the way to Barcelona to have your first game of soccer where the love of the game was the star of the show. I love that the four of you loved 'the game' more than 'arguing about the game'. It does make me wonder how you will feel when you get back as we still have people who get unhappy about the way soccer is played at school. Your post made me think: What if we had to say exactly what we wanted to do? So some people would have to say, "Hey V, do you want to come out on the field and I will yell at you and tell you that you are doing it wrong and have to go stand out to the side where I won't pass the ball to you but you can watch me argue with the Ref and scream at the other team when they score and we don't". OR....we could have people say "Wanna play soccer because it's awesome and we can kick and laugh and have a totally great time?". I love that you found some friends to play with. I hope everyone reads this post! And I hope you get to play with Anna and Miguel again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, that is so cool you should join a team, you look like a pro.I bet anna and miguel love to find some body that can play.How is your trip so far buy your blog u r having a great time.Can't wait for u to get back and tell me all your trip.
    P.S R u going to go to the barcelona soccer game?
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vv I have to say it again, Europe has such beautiful parks. I'm so glad you found some friends I hope you'll see them again in the park. Your weather looks as good as Boise, we'll be in the 90's today. BSU game tonight there first at home, so you know where I'll be, in my chair next to Papa listening to him yelling at the TV!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! That is really cool that you played soccer with people that you barely know! Who won the game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you guys found other kids to play with... I hope you run into them again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vv,
    That sounds like a great game of futbal! That looks like so much fun! I hope you get to play with Anna and Miguel again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Vic. That looks like fun. it would be great if you run into Anna and Miguel again. Can't wait to read your next post. hope you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete