Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Frank Gehry el pez by Harry

This Fish sculpture was created by Frank Gehry. It is a giant steel structure along the beach. The Fish is at the beginning of the Olympic Park area and was made for the Olympic games in Barcelona in the 1992.
The Fish is right between Barcelona's two tallest buildings the Hotel Arts and the Mapfre tower.
This fish also kind of looks like a spanish helmet when you look at it from the front.
These chairs were right by Gehry's fish sculpture. We sat and looked out at the Mediterranean. We had a great... long... walk today.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the fish building, very interesting. I do remember the Olympics in Spain, but I don't remember the building. It's to bad you not wearing a pedometer to see how far you have walked since you've been there!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reporting Harry. I love the chairs, they looked pretty comfy, especially after a long walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But how comfortable were those chairs? I suppose after a long walk....
    I think they're beautiful, though. Elegant. And Gerhy's fish was tremendous. Have you seen a Spanish helmet?

    ReplyDelete