Monday, September 26, 2011

Correfoc - fire run by V&H

Correfoc means fire run in English. It was the final event of La Merce. There was a 2 hour Correfoc for kids and then a 2 hour Correfoc for adults. These were the longest parades.
This video is a short clip of the Correfoc for kids.


Last night we saw a sparklers show. The people who had the sparklers were dressed up like devils. Sometimes they also had dragon or animal puppets spraying sparklers at people. We watched them run at people and chase them down with the sparklers. We watched the show safely from up in our apartment. When the show was over it smelled like fire works in our apartment. I thought it was really lucky that we got to see the show from our apartment, but my brother & I did run downstairs to the street twice. I liked the show a lot because it is something you would never see in Idaho. 

The show was really cool and I hope you like the video.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing all the stories tomorrow. On my way back now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sure is crazy. I was so glad you were up high watching. I can just imagine the smell of fireworks. What a fun thing to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Would it be any dangerous being in the middle of it? From the videos, it sure looks like suicide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, if there is a next year (and i hope there will be), we are at least going down for the kids parade... and dressing up as devils. That looked like crazy fun. hey, maybe it's like their halloween of something. I bet you guys had a good time checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, did you guys ever get to see the human pyramids? I thought that looked cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes. My ears are ringing from here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excelente artículo.más información sobre mi blog http://deporteysalud.eu/
    Running Barcelona

    ReplyDelete