Saturday, September 17, 2011

Museu D'Historia de Barcelona by Victoria

Today we went to Museu D'Historia de Barcelona.  It was really cool because first you watch a movie showing you how quickly Barcelona grew into a big city. It started out as a small Roman town and then became a well known Mediterranean city that people were immigrating to. After you watch the movie you go back in time down an elevator to see some ruins of the city that they found under the building when they were trying to move it. Wouldn't that be a cool thing to find?


This is a picture of a column that used to be in a church they had a cool video showing how the church looked when it was being used.

This reminds me of the famous movie where Indiana Jones is running from a boulder or dodging booby traps. I had a lot of fun discovering the hidden city. It made me feel like Indiana Jones.

2 comments:

  1. What a great museum. I love that you can still see the ruins where they lie. It's amazing that we still have places like this. It also makes you realize how young the USA is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again with the awesomeness! How cool that they have preserved the old architecture for people to look at. I can't remember if it is still like that, but when I went to the Roman Coliseum, it was the same way with the 'new' floor of the arena and then looking down into the older ruins. It is funny to think that the US was the first country I visited from New Zealand and I thought everything was super old....compared to New Zealand, something from the 1700's WAS old! Then I went to Europe :) Good to see you have the adventurer spirit running full force as you explore the depths of Barcelona. :) And I see you were allowed Sunday off from posting - phew! :)

    ReplyDelete