Friday, September 9, 2011

La Rambla by Harry

Today we went to La Rambla. We posed with a scary street performer. The street performer looked like an alien! 
Right off of La Rambla is La Boqueria. La Boqueria is a famous, colossal market. La Boqueria has a huge candy market :)  I got a tennis ball that was gum and a gummy alligator.
                                       
Finally, I got a mini soccer ball that is "signed" by all off the players of FC Barcelona :)
  All in all it was a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was really a scary street performer!! I love all the candies at the market, all the shapes. So glad you remembered to bring Meru :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry! However did you choose from that amazing selection of candy!? The "fried eggs" and the "carrots" called my name because they were orange! Some of those candies I have seen before but never a tennis ball! Mr Lindsay was looking for more tennis balls for his After School Activity - I should maybe suggest he ask you for some :) I would have probably settled on the egg for me with that glorious glob of orange, the shiny blue rat? shark? (I can't quite tell!) for John because that looks the most weird (blue food?) and the tennis ball for Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harry...I love your photo with the 'scary street performer'! My memory of being in Barcelona (many many years ago when I was quite young) was a scary ride across town in a taxi. He drove so fast that I ducked behind the seat and missed seeing a lot of the city! Have you been in a taxi yet? Maybe walking would be more fun! The candy choices at La Boqueria look amazing! Enjoy a piece for me. Have a fun weekend exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops...the above comment was from me, Sally Stewart! :)

    ReplyDelete