Monday, September 12, 2011

Casa Batllo by Victoria

Today we went to Casa Batllo. These are pictures of a wall of glass that Antoni Gaudi made to look like you were viewing the house under water because the theme of the house was the sea and things in nature that had to do with water. It reminded me of water under a skipping stone.


 This is a picture of a mosaic tile sculpture on the roof of the building. It reminded me of the back of a dinosaur.



(broken glass and tile designs)







 This is the front of the Casa Batllo. It looks so interesting you have to take your time to look at each element of the building. The front of the Casa Batllo made me think of a lot of things at once. I could not keep my eyes off the mask type patio rail. To me it looked like a skull or a carnival mask or a monster. I think that my favorite part of the building was the effect that it was melting away before my eyes. I think if I could hire Gaudi, I would have him do just the outside of the house and all of the metal work in the house because I am more a fan of his outside work than his inside. If you could only choose one, would you choose to have Gaudi design the inside of your house or the outside?

5 comments:

  1. Wow V I can hardly wait to see this house. What a strange and wonderful brain Gaudi must have had. He was really ahead of his time. I really like all the colors he used, also the mosaics. I would have to say it would be best if he did the outside of the house as I think the inside would confuse me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going with the inside, mostly because the outside looks creepy and a little scary. Plus, I think it would be cool to have a wall of glass in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Victoria, Today we looked through your whole blog together on the SmartBoard. We think that it is awesome. Mrs. terBorg is showing us how to make a comment after one of your posts. We miss you tons. Now that we all know how to add a comment, you should look forward to hearing from everyone very regularly. We will check your blog often and look forward to hearing more of your adventures.
    xoxo
    Grade Five

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vicky- I read through your blog again with my mom. It sounds like you're having a ball over there.
    Why didn't you take me with you in your suitcase?! Miss you.
    your friend,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria-Sounds like you are having a great time! I wish I was there!

    Your Friend

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete