Thursday, September 15, 2011

Parc Guell by Harry

 We took the metro to the Parc Guell today. The metro was very clean (cleaner than NYC).
 When we got to the park we walked up the stairs to see the famous tiled lizard (or some people call it a dragon). Antoni Gaudi built this park and his intention was for it to be a 60 house project, but it became a park instead.


 This pathway is suppose to look like you're in the curl of a wave. Did I mention that Antoni Gaudi used nature as his inspiration?
 Here I am sitting on Gaudi's famous, colorful bench. The bench had a great view of Barcelona.
 Just when you thought the view couldn't get any better, we went higher.


After a very long, hot day and walk I found a great place to rest  :)

Parc Guell was a very imaginative place.

6 comments:

  1. Harry I like your resting spot. Seems as though you're drawing your innovation from nature... the monkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! This is my most favorite place in all of Barcelona! Did the Lizard/Dragon remember me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Harry, I can hardly wait, it all looks so beautiful. I just can't believe what beautiful parks they have. I want to see the tiled lizard too!! Everyday looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the lizard said, "donde esta Sonya?"
    From victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love it! Good Lizard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many tiles have you bought since arriving in Barcelona? I envision your whole house filled with Spanish tiles now!

    ReplyDelete