Friday, September 16, 2011

Lighting Candles by Victoria


Today we were walking along and we stumbled upon a cute little church. When we walking inside we saw some people from the church selling candles. We decided to get two candles and light them for Shy. When I lit my candle it felt like she was right there next to me watching me light the candle just smiling and wagging her nub of a tail.
Last night I finished the book Where the Red Fern Grows and it made me sad because it made me think about Shy.


5 comments:

  1. Oh V, it brought tears to my eyes. I see her picture everyday as I walk by and she's smiling at me and last night when we had thunder Papa and I thought of her. We miss her too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She probably was right there! On a walk with an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read your post this morning before school, Abby came up and started nuzzling my hand off the mouse and onto her so I could give her some love. It made me late for school, but I sat on the floor of our office for a bit longer than I should have to rub her belly and love on her. I am glad you got the chance to take a special moment to think of her. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brought tears to my eyes. I know Shy was there with you. She was lucky to have a family like yours and you were lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sniff, big tear, and :)
    Also, looks like a very beautiful church.

    ReplyDelete