Monday, October 17, 2011

Roman Aqueducts of Segovia by Harry

The Roman Aqueducts would bring water from lakes in the hills to the city. The aqueducts were in Segovia.

The Aqueducts made me think of the Colosseum arches in Rome. I thought that the arches were amazing. My dad told  me that the middle stone was called the keystone. Gravity pulls it down on the keystone and some how it pushes the two rocks on either side outward this happens all along the arch and so on. I liked seeing the Roman Aqueducts because it was cool engineering.    :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing, Harry, how old these aqueducts are, and how they are still standing after all this time? I wish our class could have been there with you. Now, that's my idea of good field trip for studying about landforms and how humans can affect them. Wouldn't you like to know what that valley looked like before the Romans built the aqueducts? And how cool for you that you've also been to Rome. Those Romans certainly loved their real estate!

    ReplyDelete