Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Figueres by Harry

Figueres is a wonderful city north of Barcelona. As you may have guessed, it was a not as crowded as Barcelona.  We went into Salvador Dali's museum. Salvador Dali was born in Figueres. This city was not what I thought it would be like but it was good. This city had awesome buildings and the roof tops looked like the waves of an ocean.  The walls where amazing shades of brown.  I love looking at all of the buildings together. 



(bread on walls above)
The Salvador Dali museum had a dome made out of glass on top of the old theater.  The outside walls on the museum were covered in ceramic models of the local bread on them.  Yes thats right bread.  The bread was shaped like a golden brown triangles. Guest what else?  There were giant fake eggs on the roof of the building. Now I think you will not believe me. 
I hope you enjoyed this tour of Figueres.

3 comments:

  1. Harry so wonderful. A building with bread and eggs on it. Spain is VERY different. I enjoyed your tour :) 11

    ReplyDelete
  2. harry, I loved the eggs. Very humpty-dumpty 'ish. And the bread was, well, weird. What do you think he was going for there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry, I love the eggs, too. And the color of the building. When you leave Spain, what do you think you'll remember the most about the country? The buildings, the art, the food? Or something else?

    ReplyDelete