Sunday, October 16, 2011

back from Madrid & Segovia by Patty

We returned to Barcelona yesterday from a long weekend trip to Madrid and Segovia.

We'll be back on track Monday with school and blogging*.

We enjoyed so much in so few days; it was amazing.

Harry's favorite site was the Roman Aqueducts of Segovia 
(you'll be hearing from him tomorrow) 
and Victoria's favorite museum was the Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid.

I remain inspired by the Reina Sofia and Pablo Picasso's Guernica.

*check out V's reading blog for 5th grade if you haven't already The Joy of Reading and Harry's blog The Name of This Blog is Secret

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time. You have been so lucky with the wonderful weather. Everything looks so beautiful. I love all the buildings, and thing look clean, no litter. I'm excited for the food too! 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Barcelona. I'll bet Barcelona feels a bit like home, now. Is the famous guitarist named after Segovia, or is that a common name in Spain? I loved reading both Harry and Victoria's blogs and the books they're both reading. Thank you for encouraging them to share online. I can't put a book down these days, in fact I can barely reach my alarm clock in the morning without damaging a limb reaching past the ever-growing stack next to my bed! I have a feeling you know what I mean. I just finished another book by Claire Keegan. Sentences like, "Her thoughts rushed from her like pheasants startled from the grasses" keep me coming back. What are you reading these days?

    ReplyDelete